Thursday 24 January 2013

Ski Sunday... and Monday... and Tuesday...

Fashion • Travel

I am getting excited about my ski trip next weekend to Andorra, so lots more snow for me! I have been skiing for about ten years now and admittedly I didn't like it much the first time, too much like school, having to be in lessons at 9am, being freezing most of the day taking turns up and down the nursery slope, while my other half went whizzing all over the mountain with his pals enjoying the whole experience. If I had my way I would make it a compulsory school subject to learn how to ski, then when you went in your adult life you would all be wonderfully brilliant from the off! No embarrassing skiing into trees and hitting your boyfriend with your ski poles (yes really).

But now I am a fully fledged skier, I love it (well I love the picturesque chalets, vin chaud and aprés ski!) And the skiing isn't bad either!

Anyway, enough about the sport, what the really important thing is; the wardrobe. I did a quick search online for some inspirational aprés ski outfits but didn't come up with all that much. I'm probably a little behind the magazines that did winter ski spreads in back September! Who wants to think about Snow then? We were all enjoying the last rays of summer!

So this is my take on it, from first hand experience! First up designer v. high street, not bad look-a-likes eh?



I get a lot of ideas from designer websites (net-a-porter.com is great for online fashion features) but alas my freelance wage can't justify whole outfits from here, so I try to find similar ideas on the high street.
This left ensemble is from A/W 12/13 on net-a-porter and I'm not suggesting that what I've found will in any way be as luxurious, but you get the idea. Plus those jeans from new look are currently down to £7! The River Island gloves are only £30, however those Burberry ones are gorgeous, I can but dream... Biker boots are a stylish, yet practical solution.

It's always so hot when you get into a restaurant or bar at a ski resort, roaring fires and heating right up! So this look may be best suited to drinks straight after skiing, or a casual hotel dinner, rather than a busy bar/nightclub. Though it's always a casual affair....

Next are 4 days of outfit options that can be mixed n matched, creating multiple outfits! (perfect for low luggage allowance).


There are some lighter layers for 'snug' bars and a glam jumper or two for a nicer restaurant evening and the shirt can be layered up with the jumpers for those that feel the chill. The shorts tweed material balances out the 'shortness' and can be dressed up or down. All the items below are currently available (I have them, this is basically my suitcase laid out!) and some are on sale now, more to put towards your spring wardrobe. Caterpillar are a personal favourite of mine, they last forever and are so comfy. Accessorise with a woolly headband or cute beanie and you're good to go!





3 comments:

  1. Loving your blog!! I am all over the high street v's high end comparisons!! How do you create that?

    Karen x
    http://missionstyleuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! If only I lived in a place where I could wear this! We're in the tropics where it never snows and skiing is done only inadvertently when you step on a banana peel! :P
    PS; the high street vs designer is so brilliant! Very Gok!

    http://quirkyengineer.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, yes live a but if Gok too!

    I do the images with photoshop, perks of being a designer! Always wanted to work in fashion mags but its never happened :( soooo competitive, ill have to fulfill my ambition on here!

    ReplyDelete